In need to come up with new content for your blog but you’re out of blog post ideas?
I get this feeling. Every blogger runs out of ideas from time to time but there’s no need to panic. There are lots of ways to come up with creative blog ideas to keep your readers returning.
In this post, I covered the best places where to find blog post ideas, the most popular content ideas generators, along with a thorough list of 230+ blog post ideas you can hop on writing right away. I suggest you bookmark this page to have it handy for future writer’s block moments.
It’s time to avoid the blank page syndrome and get over the panic of “what to blog about today”.
How to Get Blog Post Ideas
Before I jump to giving you the ideas list, I’ll first guide you through the best ways to find original blog post ideas yourself. These techniques will help you find blog post ideas that are specifically tailored for your audience.
Where to Get Blog Post Ideas
For your blog posts to be valuable to your readers you must help them solve the problems they’re struggling with. But how to find blog post ideas that are the right fit for your audience? Here are some places you can start researching.
The best topics to blog about come directly from the people engaging with your posts. Check your comments to see if your followers have any questions and answer them in a blog post. If your blog is fairly new and you don’t get a lot of comments yet, check the comments on your competitors’ blogs. This is the greatest way to come up with interesting blog post ideas.
People on Quora are asking questions in any blog niche you can think off. Just a bit of scrolling through the questions and it’s guaranteed you’ll get a list of original blog post ideas ready to write on.
Another great place where to find blog post ideas is Reddit. It works similar to Quora. There are subreddits dedicated to a certain topic where people are asking questions and sharing their knowledge. Find subreddits in your blog niche and start digging.
In Facebook groups, people are usually looking for help from their peers and exchange knowledge. If you find the Facebook groups where your target audience hangs in, you can find out what problems they are facing, hence giving you blog posts ideas. Once you spot a couple of problems, give the solutions in a blog post manner.
Answer the Public
Answer the public is a great tool both for keyword research and for coming up with content ideas. When you input a keyword into the tool, it will layout a visual with the most common questions people ask related to your keyword. This might give you some awesome blog post ideas to work with.
A great place to find new blog post ideas can be your competitors’ blogs. Look through their posts and see what topics they covered. What are the posts that stimulated the greatest engagement? You don’t have to copy them, just use their content as a source of inspiration.
How to Generate Blog Post Ideas
If you’ve gone through the places I mentioned above and you’re still drained off ideas, a blog post ideas generator might come in handy. Here are the best content idea generators out there.
HubSpot’s Blog Ideas Generator
You can add up to 5 different nouns related to the topic you’d like to write about and the tool will give you 5 topic ideas.
Portent’s Content Idea Generator
This content idea generator is not only helpful but it’s fun to use. The generated idea also comes with some funny notes. Feel free to refresh until you find the best topics to blog about.
Impact’s BlogAbout Title Generator
This topic generator gives you blog post titles so you can get your inspiration going. You can hit the refresh button until you’re happy with a title.
What are the Most Popular Blog Topics
You might be wondering what are the most popular topics to write about on your blog. Well, as a guideline, the most popular topics to write about are covering the following topics:
- How to make money
These are the topics people are more open to because they cover the basics of the human needs.
If you’re a lifestyle blogger or you run a general blog, then it’s easy to include these topics in your blog. But if you have a niche blog, then you might find it harder to cover these topics without losing your relevance.
One tip I can give you is that almost any blog niche can cover some blog posts related to making money. You run a blog, hence you have an online business. And if you’re making money with your blog, you can teach other people interested in your niche how to do the same.
Blog Posts Ideas List
I put together a list of the best topics to write about and they are sectioned into categories. Even so, most of them can be adjusted to any blog niche so make sure you check out even the ones that are not in your specific niche. They might spark some creative ideas for your blog. These blog post ideas are both for beginners and for more experienced bloggers so everybody can make great use of them.
First Blog Post Ideas
- What made you start out your blog?
- What are some life lessons that helped you grow as a person?
- What are some common terms in your niche you can explain?
- What are the best resources for learning in your niche?
- How did you get skilled in the niche you’re blogging about?
- What are the 10 top things in your niche people should know about?
- What are some common questions people in your niche have?
- What is the biggest problem your targeted audience has? Give them a solution.
- What are the best apps and tools you’re using?
- What are the best books you’ve read related to your niche?
- Make a list of the top bloggers you’re following.
Guide your readers through a step-by-step process.
If you find yourself nervous about writing your first blog post, we’ve got you covered:
Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
- What’s your favorite work out routine?
- What’s your makeup routine?
- What are your favorite books to read?
- What are your favorite music playlists?
- What are your favorite learning resources?
- Do you listen to podcasts? Which ones?
- What are your favorite YouTube channels?
- Where do you get your inspiration and motivation from?
- Do you have some things you couldn’t live without?
- What are your favorite places to go out?
- What are your favorite restaurants?
- How does your workspace look like?
- What are your hobbies?
- What do you carry around in your bag?
- What are your favorites ways of relaxing?
- Do you have a morning routine?
- How about a nighttime routine?
- What apps do you use on your phone?
- What tips you have for saving on energy bills?
Personal Blog Post Ideas
- What are some pieces of advice for your readers?
- What’s the most heartwarming childhood memory?
- How were you as a child?
- What mistakes have you made and what you learned from them?
- What are your biggest failures?
- How did you get by rough times?
- What are the things that make you happy?
- What are some things you regret doing or not doing?
- What’s your biggest achievement so far?
- What are your goals for the future?
- What are the most important things your parents thought you?
- What are your most embarrassing stories?
- What movie characters you resemble with?
- What are your favorite movies, music, books?
- Share some things your readers don’t know about you.
- How does a perfect day look like for you?
- How does a regular day in your life go on?
- What’s the last life lesson you got?
- What tips you have for saving money?
- Do you have any easy to make recipe with things around the house?
- What’s something that frustrated you recently?
- What are some things you are passionate about in a certain industry?
- Read a post you disagreed with recently? Talk about it.
- Share a recent travel experience.
- What are some bad habits you have? And how are you dealing with them?
- Write a manifesto blog post.
Blog Niched Post Ideas
- Share a step-by-step process.
- What are the things someone starting in your niche should know?
- What are the things you wished you’ve known when you started?
- What are your goals for the next weeks, months, or years?
- What are the most important things you learned over the last year?
- Want to learn more about something? Start learning and share it with your readers.
- Are there some common questions in your niche? Create a FAQs post.
- Explain the terms used in your niche.
- Talk about the history of your industry.
- Choose a topic and create a series.
- Share some industry news you discovered.
- Respond to Twitter posts in a blog post manner.
- If you attend a conference or workshop, share your experience.
- Talk about the trends in your industry.
- Interview an influencer or a leader in your niche.
- Make a list of top influencers to follow in your niche.
- Get a question related to your niche and reach out to experts in your niche for advice.
- Gather quotes from experts in your blog niche and create a post.
- Are there any statistics your readers are interested in? Hop on research.
Blog Post Ideas for Small Business
- What’s a problem your customers have? Give them a solution.
- What makes your business different than your competitors’?
- What’s the story of your business?
- What inspired the creation of your company?
- What are the goals for the next 5 years?
- What are the benefits of your product compared to the other ones out there?
- What is the best advice for your customers so they use your product properly?
- Are there any creative ways to use your product?
- What customers say about your business and product?
- What are the latest business updates?
- How can users use the product for a longer last?
- What are some tips you can give your customers regarding your business niche?
Creative Blog Post Ideas
- Create a quiz for your readers.
- Make a parody.
- Jump on a challenge. Or even better, make your readers take part in a challenge.
- Create an infographic.
- Start a contest.
- Make a list of inspirational quotes relatable to your niche.
- Share your hobbies.
- Record a video blog.
- Did something funny happen to you this week?
- Share the funniest videos you came across recently.
- Show some tricks on how to do something fast.
- Do something you’ve never done and blog about it. Skydiving, bungee jumping, swimming with dolphins, you name it.
- Go travel and write about your experience.
- Reveal the behind the scenes of your blog.
- Share lessons you learn from the movies you watch.
- Make polls on your audience and share the results.
- Make timely posts on upcoming holidays.
- Find some myths and debunk them.
- Write an open letter to a company.
- Make a statement against an injustice.
- Have an opinion on a debate? Share it.
Productivity & Personal Development Blog Ideas
- What tools and apps you use to improve your workflow?
- How about apps to save time?
- Do you have any favorite apps to keep you accountable for your habits?
- What task do you handle while you’re traveling?
- Have you managed to simplify your life so you save a few hours a week? How?
- Did you read any books that helped you recently?
- How do you stimulate creativity?
- Make a list post of the blogs you check on a regular basis.
- Create a list of your favorite resources.
- Are there any services you can compare?
- Make a checklist of daily and weekly tasks.
- Create a freebie to give away.
- Talk about a success story.
- What books helped you be more productive?
Blog Posts Ideas for Moms
- What are your favorites things to do for relaxing?
- How do you find time to run an online business?
- What are the best pieces of advice you received on parenting?
- What are your body caring routines?
- What are your favorite things to craft with your kids?
- Do you have any recipes kids can help with?
- How do you pack for a trip with your kids?
- How do you keep your marriage exciting when you have kids?
- Do you have both kids and animals? How do they get along?
- How do you save money on groceries?
- What are your favorite places to buy stuff for your kids?
- What are your favorite places for online shopping?
- Whom are your role models?
- Do you have any healthy and easy to make breakfast ideas for kids?
- How about fun lunch packs to give them for school?
Blog Post Ideas for Writers
- Who inspired you in the journey of becoming a writer?
- Make an interview with other writers.
- Share stories about the last vacation you took.
- Write reviews on the books you read.
- What inspires your writing?
- How do you organize your ideas and notes for writing projects?
- What was the first piece you wrote?
- Share some lessons you learned in your journey of becoming a writer.
- What is your favorite writing advice you got that inspired you to keep working?
- What do you hope to achieve and inspire through writing?
- How do you keep your creativity going? Maybe it’s music, walking or doing a DIY project.
- What helps you get through the writer’s blocks?
- What’s your take on the script of the last movie you saw?
- What’s your process of researching for a project?
- Tell the story of how the idea for your latest book/novel came to you.
Blog Post Ideas for Designers
- Show a step-by-step designing process.
- How are you putting the pieces together for a client’s work?
- What are the things you need from a client so you get started with their designs?
- What should people know about working with a designer?
- Why should people invest in working with a designer?
- What makes a good designer?
- Talk about the latest design trends.
- What are the best resources to learn about design?
- Did you go to design school? What are the most important things you learned there?
- Teach newbie designers how to charge clients.
- What are your tips on finding new clients?
- What are the best sites where designers can sell their work?
- What should be included in a designer’s portfolio?
Blog Post Ideas for Artists
- What are your sources of inspiration?
- Who’s been/is your mentor and what you learned from him/her?
- What defines your style?
- How does your process of creating look like?
- Who are your favorite artists?
- Who are the artists that inspired your style?
- How your style evolved over time? And what triggered the changes?
- What resources do you use to teach yourself?
- Show the environment you’re creating your art in.
- What’s a medium you’ve always wanted to try?
- What’s your mission as an artist?
- What are your best pieces of advice on making it as an artist?
- Make lists of your favorite tools and materials.
- How do you clean and take care of your tools?
- What are your favorite artists you follow online?
- What are your favorite art movies and why?
- What tips do you have on selling art online?
- How do you use social media as an artist?
- Host a giveaway for your art.
- Create an art challenge for your readers. (This goes great on Instagram)
Blog Posts Ideas for Beauty Bloggers
- How to pick the perfect makeup item (foundation, brushes, concealer).
- How to care for your makeup brushes.
- How to save money on makeup.
- Give tips on how to achieve a certain effect through makeup (e.g. bigger eyes).
- Make a comparison between premium brands makeup and drugstore makeup.
- What are your favorite makeup products at the moment?
- What are the products you’re most disappointed with?
- Do a tutorial on how to recreate a celebrity look.
- What are the hottest looks this year/season?
- What are the new releases of a certain brand?
- What is your morning skincare routine?
- How about your daily hair routine?
- How do you care about your skin?
- What are your favorite face masks?
- What do you keep in your makeup bag?
- What’s the best beauty advice you received?
- What are the products you couldn’t live without?
- What products do you carry when traveling?
- Went shopping for new products recently? Do a haul about it.
- What are your favorite beauty tips you swear by?
- Try out popular Pinterest makeup hacks.
Blog Posts Ideas for Fashion Bloggers
- What are the essential pieces a woman should have in the closet?
- How do you pick the location for a photoshoot?
- What tips do you have on taking amazing fashion photographs?
- Do you have any tips on reconditioning old clothes you love?
- What inspired your style?
- Whos style you admire most? Why?
- What are your favorite color combos?
- What are your favorite places for shopping?
- What are your best tips for saving money when shopping?
- What are some trustworthy online stores?
- Did you have any unpleasant experience with an online shop? Talk about it.
- How do you combine materials?
- Make a list of your favorite resources for outfits inspiration.
- How does a day in the life of a fashion blogger look like?
Blog Post Ideas for Travel Bloggers
- What do you pack when you travel?
- What are your best tips on light packing?
- How do you make friends in a Hostel?
- What do you do on a long flight?
- What blogging tasks you do while on the road?
- What are some tricks on cooking when you are traveling?
- How do you save money when traveling?
- Do you have a pet? What are some tips on traveling with pets?
- What’s on your bucket list?
- What’s the scariest experience you had while traveling?
- Do you have places you are afraid of visiting?
- How can you travel on a budget?
- What are some tips to make learning a new language easier?
Wrapping It Up
I believe now you have enough amazing blog post ideas to keep you busy for a while.
Make sure when you go through the blog post ideas list that you check out all the ideas even if they are not in the niche of your blog.
For example, “How do you pick the location for a photo shoot?” Is under the fashion category because well, you cannot have fashion without photoshoots. But it doesn’t mean other niches cannot benefit from the idea. Mom bloggers might share pictures of the crafts they make with their kids, beauty bloggers show their makeups, lifestyle bloggers might share images with their favorite books. A post about photography tips might be a great fit for various blog niches.
Go through all the blog content ideas and ask yourself how can you make them work for your blog.
If you find this list helpful, make sure to follow us on Twitter to be up to date with our latest posts.